November 12, 2008

There's a new Sam in town



Not to be confused with Sam Taylor Wood, Sam Taylor is a new British artist being launched by Kylie Minogue's MG* Will Baker. I believe that Steve Anderson, who has written numerous hits for Kylie, is also behind Sam's music, which debuts on the Beautiful People soundtrack.

What makes Sam unique for me is 1) he can actually sing, 2) he is not mimicking Justin Timberlake, which seems to be the template for all new male "pop" acts and 3) he may have the potential of genuine male pop stars like Darren Hayes and Will Young.

His debut song is Run Away and you can hear it on his site or below (no proper video yet). This tune reminds me of late 80's acts like Halo James and Breathe.

Sam Taylor Run Away (not official video):



*Main Gay

6 comments:

John said...

Great track..thanks for sharing this!

Paul said...

Oh his songs are beautiful on the er beautiful people soundtrack, only i hadn't been able to find out much info about him so thanks for this. I had no idea if he was new old transitional! I can't wait to hear more. His voice is just lovely.

DanProject76 said...

Nice song... but he'll ruin his t-shirt if he keeps doing that.

ww_adh said...

Interesting. I hope he has upbeat songs too.

Michael said...

Very nice, I would like to hear more from him.

xolondon said...

I wonder what his uptempo songs will sound like? Dancey, earthy, WOT?