September 3, 2008

Something big, hmmm?



Scott Simons' new song The Start Of Something has been on repeat on my iPod for days. I first heard him last year doing one of the better covers of Umbrella (the other good one was Mandy Moore's, believe it or not) and Arjan just did a new post on him. The first reference point that leaps to mind is Sara Bareilles. Like hers, Scott's music is built around the piano, highly accessible, melodic and very polished for an indie artist. Arjan still has the MP3 if you'd like to try it.

For the longest time, strangely, there was only one comment on Arjan's post and it came from me, wondering why there were no other comments about a song this solid.
While MP3 blogs slobber over mysterious nobodies with names like "Donnie Klang" (who? huh?) or corporate tweenie clap (Katy Perry), good music remains unheard. Don't let this one slip by you.

8 comments:

Dan said...

This song has almost certainly made my year end best-of list. I have not been able to stop listening to it. It's great autumn music.

Michael said...

Very pleasant. Thanks.

Poster Girl said...

I loved his version of "Umbrella" (which Arjan introduced me to)--and this is lovely, too! Thanks for the tip.

Adem With An E said...

Very lovely, and I actually hadn't heard of him.

Er... Donnie Klang? Is that real?!?!

D'luv said...

Well, I have the same hoodie, from H&M.

Anonymous said...

Ugh... stop giving Arjan props. He's seriously the worst music blogger around. What would he write about if Janelle Monae or Keane weren't around?

xolondon said...

Miaow! Arjan has the MP3 and is probably the only blogger who has written about this artist.

Attribution and asskissing are not the same thing. I am up front about where I find this stuff. The music is what matters and I don't think Scott Simons should be penalized for being liked by a certain blogger. I could have emailed Scott to ask for the MP3, but hey, I have too much to do.

xoxo

duanemoody.com said...

You had to know that you would capture my attention with the words Sara and Bareilles. :)