September 30, 2008

Q3: We are Dancer



In no particular order, my Top Songs for the 3rd quarter of 2008. A few rules: These tunes do not have to be singles, but I allow only one song by each artist. I generally don't do leaks here either. The colored link will take you to a place you can hear/see the song.

The Killers
Human myspace
Ladyhawke My Delerium hype machine
Lorraine Tell It All myspace
Keane The Lovers Are Losing myspace
The Script Before The Worst myspace
Scott Simons The Start Of Something myspace
The Weepies Can't Go Back Now myspace
Uh Huh Her Not A Love Song youtube
Reuben Butchart Golden Boy player
The Gadsdens Heartbreaker
Oceanlab On A Good Day iTunes US
Alphabeat Boyfriend (Pete Hammond Mix) myspace
Love Is Dead Kerli video
So You Can Cry Ne-Yo video
Let It Go Will Young
We Gon' Fight Jennifer Hudson youtube
Bleeder Emiliana Torrini iTunes US
Grace Jones William's Blood youtube
Girls Aloud The Promise youtube
Solange (with Bilal) Cosmic Journey youtube

What were your favorites?
_____________________________

Worthy albums this term: Ladyhawke, The Script, Will Young, Solange Knowles, Uh Huh Her, Emiliana Torrini, Rueben Butchart, Oceanlab

What's coming: Keane, The Killers, Pink, Grace Jones, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Smiths 2CD Hits.

P
hoto of XO's Dancing Kid by Krissy

14 comments:

duanemoody.com said...

I love your tastes!!!! Such great choices. Also, are you a fan of the Kaiser Chiefs? I absolutely adore them for some reason, and cannot wait for their record as well.

Also, Let it Go = perfect pop song.

Paul said...

i agree - some great choices here. I'm with you all the way with William Young, Girls Aloud, Alphabeat, The Script and The Killers. I was also obsessed with Marit Larsen's If A Song Could Get Me You which was just far too pretty. Loved Lily Allen's GWB (Though you may have classed that as a leak?) And finally of course, I still love The Feeling. Join With Us is a terrific tune :)

Yuяi said...

Um, where is Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, I asks ya?! :P

Michael said...

I was curious whether you had an opinion about the Camille Jones song "Difficult Guys". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7iMXuOm_L4 It's been one of my recent favorites.

ww_adh said...

I like that remix of "Boyfriend," which is definitely a highlight this quarter. I'm most looking forward to Keane, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol, Dido and Beyonce.

will said...

is it "denser" or "dancer"?
:p

W

xolondon said...

Rolling Stone's piece says it is "dancer" here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/23181054/

xolondon said...

PS: Yuri, in the spirit of Chartrigger, I'd say that Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are munching box in the alley.

Yuяi said...

I thought it was "dancer". Thanks for the confirmation. At least I haven't totally lost it yet.

Man, that D'luv is such a bad influence on us bloggers! :P

ww_adh said...

My Will Young album arrived in the mail yesterday and I've listened to it like 5 times today. I love it.

John said...

Love the list, and the fact that you have the Ne-Yo track on there makes me like you that much more. Although if pushed, I would have to put "Nobody" and "Closer" ahead of it. Other inclusions would be "Sandcastle Disco", NKOTB's "Click Click Click", and Robin Thicke "Magic".

xolondon said...

Hey John! I am pretty sure I had Closer on the last "Q2" list - along with Disturbia, its sister song!

I had a hard time picking which Solange to include. I considered TONY too.

Michael said...

I love TONY. Will US radio ever discover Solange?

Adem With An E said...

QUALITY choices there. And yes, the Sunlounge Knowles album is VERY good, especially "Cosmic Journey" and its bonkers rave-up towards the end. I am really, really taken by that woman; she is everything that awful sister of hers is not. I saw her on The View a few weeks back and she was just such a bundle of joy; so happy, so charismatic and charming. None of that ice-cold behaviour I'm used to from B-Bouncey.

I decided in this quarter that (whilst it's not a song released in this quarter) my favourite song from the Van She album is actually "A Sharp Knife", the painful downtempo number at the very end of the record, right after "So High." This year has been one of those years I've been so wrapped up in lyrics and how much they speak to me, and that's definitely one of the years best.

What did you think of the Kerli album? I love love LOVE "Love Is Dead".