September 5, 2008

Mixtape: A bad haircut that won't grow out


Agyness Deyn by Ryan McGinley, Pop Magazine

Paulie Z reviewed Annie's Don't Stop CD on his blog. I agree that is has some "ace" tunes, though it is far less indie than her last record. This should be a good thing, but I cannot help but think that, like Madonna, Annie is missing from some of the songs, especially My Love Is Better. Why doesn't Xenomania just save this one for the Aloud? Anyway, I would never gossip, but I've heard that Brian Xenomania Higgins is a bit of a cock (in the bad sense).

Kylie's track with Coldplay is being released on December 26 (Boxing Day). It's called Luna. Methinks we'll hear it sooner.

I
agree with D'luv that Jem's album is weak. She's like Dildo's Dido's twin.

I
read a piece on Grace Jones in the new Pop and it made me like her much more. I have this idea that Grace is just too big and scary and inhuman, but she seems very normal in the interview, talking about her mother and the long journey to complete her new album, Hurricane. The description of William's Blood, written with Wendy and Lisa, makes me fizzzzzzz with anticipation for this album.

The new issue of Pop also has an amazing photo shoot by Ryan McGinley with the It model Agyness Deyn. She's jumping out of windows throughout, frequently nude or with no panties, sometimes with nude men flying by her. It's quite something.

Speaking of Wendy And Lisa, El Marv reports on their forthcoming album. I love them. Love. Them.

Antigone's next single is called Promiscuity.

A birdy I know got this straight from the horse's hose (is that it?): There will be no new video for Roisin's Movie Star. That's a false rumor. I still don't love Slave To Love. Sorreee.

That said, I am frothing to hear what Pet Shop Boys are doing with Xenomania for their 2009 release. Worrapolava and PopJustice both had posts on that this week.

I don't want to discuss Sarah Fucking Palin. It's more important to consider how Kylie Minogue just took 10 ten years off her age by dying her hair a more natural color.

Did Cliff Richard suddenly* come out or not? *See what I did there?

As for Sugababes, the press release for the new album makes it sound jizzworthy. PopJustice blathered on about it. And one song is builds on sample from this song.

So where the hell is Lorraine? One just has to look heavenward and sigh. I appreciated that they answered some questions, but they are sort of beyond elusive.

I like a song by Will-W called My Life Story. Listen close for a bit of a tick tock thing. The thing is, can you imagine if he had Sugababes singing this tune? It would be massive. Anyway, Will is a bit of a flirty minx from what I can tell. He has an album out on 9/9 and his myspace page is full of pics of him with famous singers and a very fluffy dog.

This is not a problem for The Gadsdens, who have some strong new songs streaming on their myspace. In my universe, their debut album will be one of the best of 2009. I should note that somewhere on the Internets there is a photo of Jody "Gadsden" in babyblue hotpants, sitting in a pink tent... begging a campasarowoftents comment. He has a beautiful voice.

Meanwhile, Ronan Keating can easily cup his twig and berries in one hand. Photo evidence NSFW.

My Facebook page got some attention recently when my status read, "Stephen has a hairstylist who cuts his hair while HIGH. Not good." The end of this story is that my hair has looked like shit in the month since. It didn't grow out well, so I have broken up with my hairdresser of 10+ years (shhh, he doesn't know it) and have my first date with (mohawked) Camden on Sunday after breakfast. I do feel bad because I truly like my High Hairdresser, but at 39, I cannot waste time with Bad Hair.

Which ends us in 2005 with The Lady Alexis Strum... le sigh.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

xolondon...i am utterly and completely enamored with your blog...i just may leave popjustice for you...

D'luv said...

Well, Anonymous, with as many times as PopJustice was mentioned in this post, at least you'll still know what's going on there.

XO, wow...that Ronan Keating pic. I can't decide if it made me horny or made me cringe. I guess I'd probably f*** him then figure it out in the morning.

Anonymous said...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/willariah/Billy/xolondon.jpg

x

W

Anonymous said...

d'luv...i am utterly and completely enamored with chartrigger as well...and ronan keating...

xolondon said...

So does this mean we know who Anonymous was the last time around too?

"Fluffy" looks like a cousin to My Dog Sister Cassie and PopMuse's Carrie Fisher.

xolondon said...

PS: D'luv, no, I am actually flogging POP Magazine now. Pay attention, little lady.

Michael said...

I still love Dido. *blush*

Salvador Ali said...

I can totally empathize with the hair issue. I can be very promiscuous with my hair stylists. I think 6 or 8 months is the longest I've been in a salon "relationship." My Iranian hair is fussy .. if I'm paying $45+ for a cut, I need someone that can help me manage it.

Anonymous said...

xolondon/d'luv...no, this anonymous does not have a dog and yes, i "flog" pop magazine too...and i still may leave popjustice for either of you...

Anonymous said...

xolondon...have wondered for ages...musically, who or what is your guiltiest of guiltiest pleasures?...

D'luv said...

His electric toothbrush, while True Blue is on a continuous loop.

Norman L. said...

xolondon...i'll show you mine if you show me yours...westlife...if i let you go...("day after day time pass away, and i just can't get you off my mind...nobody knows i hide it inside, i keep on searching but i can't find")...i did say GUILTY...no longer anonymous, but still no dog...

sylvia/ticklethepear said...

did you post a photo of your new 'do and i just missed it?

babs said...

Cliff Richard? The guy who's always referenced on brit coms from the 80s? And had a song out there, too.

That dates me terribly. As does the fact that I watched 90210 and feel very, very old.

Adem With An E said...

Do you love "Promiscuity"? I think it has one of the greatest choruses of 2008, it is so joyous. And as for Kylie; how glam does she look with that shade? I bloody hope she keeps it that colour for the Aussie leg of her tour because she looked old and haggard with that blonde crop on stage.

Oh and D'luv, your toothbrush/True Blue remark is one of your greatest to date.

xolondon said...

To answer a few questions:

One guilty pleasure would be the tacky Paula Abdul song Will You Marry Me? It's sort of like an 80's update of Muskrat Love or something!

Sylvia, I just got the new 'do on Sunday. It looked great when I left the salon but I have no idea HOW he did it! It'll be awhile before it is camera ready. The curls are gone gone gone.

I love Promiscuity - it is majuh! That song is like a hip indie sister to More Man Than Man's more classic disco-divaness. I play Promiscuity while "riding arounnnd all over towwwwn."

El MarvelOso said...

Wow! Wendy & Lisa with Grace?!?! Can't wait for that!