August 19, 2008

Tracey Thorn : I just wanted you to hear



Tracey Thorn has updated her myspace page with a new song called Overture that she's done with Hungarian group Unbending Trees. She says it will be released as a digital single on September 29. The track, a duet with Trees singer Kristof Hajos, starts as an elegant piano piece and slowly blossoms with delicate strings. It will be a lovely piece for autumn. Music for adults.

Tracey also says this of her recent recording:

Progress on my new album consists of me having had dinner with Ewan Pearson! Hurrah! We did manage to at least have a conversation about the next bit of recording, which will happen in the autumn, and by then things will be really taking shape... this week I am meeting up with Jens Lekman, to do something or other. There will be a guitar, and a mic, and Jens with his laptop, and who knows what may come of it. a number one single possibly. Or an obscure b-side. You don't really have b-sides nowadays do you. Pity really, they were always our best tracks.


The great drawing of her above is done by her daughter. How do I love thee, Tracey? Let me count the ways.

6 comments:

duanemoody.com said...

Another album already?!?! YAY! I love Tracey!!!

Michael said...

Her voice is always so beautiful.

Few singers go straight to my heart that way she does.

Dennis said...

Her MySpace blog and music recommendations are a joy to read. Much like this one!

x

Adem With An E said...

That picture is adorable!

And as for the song, really love it. It sat quite nicely as the afternoon rain hit my window this afternoon when I listened to it. Just lovely.

Andrew said...

Simply gorgeous song.

DanProject76 said...

It's great.


But a Thorn/Lekman collabo?

The holy grail of potential genius!