August 13, 2008

Kick down the door and throw away the key

Following up my post last week, some news on the Annie Lennox Collection DVD. It includes 14 videos and... I . AM. PISSED! It's missing my favorite video, Money Can't Buy It. Give the woman a towel, some belles fleurs, a mirror and voila, genius:



DVD craplist tracklist:

Little Bird finally
Walking On Broken Glass appearance by Dr. House
Why
No More I Love You's
Precious
A Whiter Shade Of Pale
A Thousand Beautiful Things (collage video) wot's that?
Sing
Pavement Cracks (collage video)
Love Song For A Vampire
Cold
Dark Road dull
Something So Right
Waiting in Vain



Never seen Something So Right? It's pretty rare. Watch it now...

7 comments:

Paul said...

My good friend Mark (who incidentally I met while he was showing a friend in a club a phone video of him "pleasuring his boyfriend orally" and i made some brilliantly witty comment" is also pissed by that omission. For me it's all about this on TOTP back in the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NRPkf1X3A

countpopula said...

As far as I'm concerned, they should have just included the entire Diva video album. Seriously, are people going to go back and buy just that by itself again?

Now the Savage video album should have also been with the Eurythmics hits video album too...

Andrew said...

I'm really pleased to have 'Little Bird' on DVD however I suspect these two collage videos will merely be still images on a loop for the duration of the songs. There's a live acoustic performance of A Thousand Beautiful Things from the Bare era that could have been used instead.

At least we're getting Love Song For A Vampire too.

I too would love to see Savage and We Too Are One Too on DVD. I have home made copies from VHS, but it's not the same.

Andrew said...

Sorry that should have read We Two Are One Too. Oops.

Dan said...

That Money Can't Buy It video is a diva moment if there ever was one. I love that video as well.

I had the same suspicion as Andrew re: "collage videos" That seems rather lazy when there are perfectly proper videos that are being omitted from the collection.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think the best of videos (ie. singles) should be on there, which they are. Diva album tracks should be on the Diva DVD, which they are. Call me practical...

As for the collage videos, I would guess they feature clips from all the Diva clips and live footage (Central Park) etc.

ww_adh said...

Did you hear this got pushed back to March 2009? Too bad, but apparently it was because Annie got hurt recently and she (and the label) wanted to be able to promote this properly.