August 12, 2008

Hold on to your friends

When Morrissey made his comeback in 2004, I was skeptical. The pre-release hype was intense. Then I heard the album - and its b-sides - and was stunned. You Are The Quarry ranks in the top 3 Moz albums. It's a major achievement.

That album's producer, Jerry Finn, suffered a brain hemorrhage last month that left him in a coma. His family has taken him off life support. This is tragic news and I just felt I had to mention it. Some of you know that the forthcoming Morrissey album, Years of Refusal, was also produced by Finn (it's been bumped to Feb. 2, 2009). Jerry Finn was only 38 years old and I'm sure he's left a large wake of survivors and friends who must be in shock, so my thoughts are with them.


Michael said...

Gah, I'm 39.

I don't really know much about the producer but it's certainly really sad news.

D'luv said...

Very sad :( You Are The Quarry was one of my faves in the musically-plentiful year of 2004.