July 23, 2008

Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

My lovely colleague Liz U sent me this video last night on Facebook and it made me wistful for "when we were cute" (speaking of myself, I mean!). Look at Andy! It's times like this when I try to be positive because, in ten years, the sick joke is that I will look back on today and say, "Oh, look how young I was." Le sigh.

Erasure Fingers and Thumbs


Salvador Ali said...

Oh! I loved this album! I was 15 and just discovering synthpop. The ambient weirdness was really cool to my ears.

countpopula said...

This is one of my favorite Erasure singles--I love how the chorus has an extra measure during the "shattered heart" lines--it pushes against the expected and predictable. Moreover, the arrangement is so full and bass-heavy, a relatively new thing for Erasure.

I find it odd how so many Erasure fans disliked this album. It's one of my all-time favorites, and now seems like a special secret that was ahead of its time.