June 28, 2008

Róisín: Headstrong and livin' dangerously



Róisín Murphy's making movies, this one for Movie Star. Her boyfriend directed this homage to John Waters. The lobster vignette is pure early 70's Waters, with a bit of kooky violence and gore, but no shit-eating (NSFW) or singing assholes, thank God. Methinks John will pay her a compliment if he sees this: Róisín is the filthiest woman in the world.
____________________________

I just noticed that Róisín has a big gap in her touring schedule this fall. I certainly hope she will fill it with an American tour. Check out this recently released live video for the slammin' Cry Baby, one of my faves from Overpowered.

2 comments:

countpopula said...

After months of waiting for another single...I just don't know what to say about this. I love the song, and she looks good, but isn't it funny how you can develop a definite idea of how a video should look, and when one is made it looks completely different? Yes, it is humorous and she most certainly does not bore us, but is a video with a bunch of scary people in drag while being eaten by a fictional lobster equate with the concept of "taking things to the next level"?

That's some weird sheez, fo sho Ro.

Adem With An E said...

All it's missing is Mink Stole! Surely she would have loved to be apart of this.

Great video, I'm a big John Waters fan so I simply love it. I wonder if this will alienate people further though? Does Roisin know something we don't about her label, and this clip is a nice big 'fuck you', possible parting gift?