June 5, 2008

President and Mrs. Obama!



One of the many reasons I love Barack and Michelle Obama: Watch them do this quick little fist bump, staring right into each other's eyes. He is the king of cool (as in don't attempt to ruffle him) and she is his equal. I think she will be a fantastic First Lady, as she shares his innate leadership qualities.

Obama has been incredibly patient and gracious toward his Democratic opponent this week, while Opponent (shewhoshallnotbenamed) has not returned the favor. This is not unusual behavior for that family and I am very sad, as I've been a longtime supporter of them, foibles and all. There is a point at which the phrase "go down fighting" (no pun intended) becomes pathetic and Opponent has reached that juncture.

Thanks to Amy Argetsinger for drawing my attention to the fist bump.

5 comments:

D'luv said...

Please don't fuck this up Obama!!

Joseph said...

The "fist bump" is too cute. I love it.

I don't think it's necessarily Obama's to fuck up at this point. He's handled himself very well all along and I don't see that changing.

xolondon said...

Agreed- he went up against a juggernaut with the Clintons and rarely mis-stepped. His greatest liabilties are externals who could derail the conversations we SHOULD be having about the economy.

sylvia/ticklethepear said...

You can tell they still have hot sex.

xolondon said...

Sylvia, you crack me up. We must get together when you are done traveling. Somehow a year has slipped by!