June 10, 2008

The A is for 'allo!

Sam Sparro is releasing his album in America on June 24 and he's listened to us! The US version wisely adds the wicked S.A.M.S.P.A.R.R.O as the (logical) opening track. To quote Sam-ola himself: "Oh shit!"

Meanwhile, his new video 21 Century Life is due out soon (hear the song at 8-1). If you have not heard the song, it is hot hot hot. Here is a free, legal MP3 of the first US single, which already blew up in the UK and is surely in the Top 5 Songs for 2008...

Sam Sparro
Black And Gold MP3

...and did you see what happened when Sparro met Ditto?


Jason said...

I like the single you posted. The music sounds kinda Goldfrappy.

duanemoody.com said...

Not like I needed a reason, but I love Beth Ditto even more after seeing that. I want to be her BFF IRL.

countpopula said...

I have to say that I was not really a fan of Sparro at first, although Black & Gold was pretty good. Now I am really digging the clips that I have heard, and plan on picking up the CD on the 24th (looks like it will be nicely priced around $10 most places). Thanks for another recommend XO. Can't wait to hear the added track you recommend as well!