May 19, 2008

Diva Alphabet: A is for Annie



Annie's new album sampler

11-minutes of samples from Annie's new CD, Don't Stop. MuuMuse did a big post with all the "deets", which seem correct after hearing the songs.

Early comments: No wonder it took the pixie so long to complete this album, it's solid gold. Fortunately, the Stacey Q ripoff I Know Your Boyfriend Hates Me (which I hate), seems to be the worst song. What Do You Want (Breakfast Song), the second sample sounds, err, blistering. Sweet - obviously Xenomaniacal - has a lovely, apt chorus for its title. Bad Times reminds me, for some reason, of my beloved Rachel Stevens [ed: Rachel, I luv u, call me! xoxo]. Misery is an homage to 80's LA new wave like the great, slutty Berlin.

Update: I just noticed PopJustice did a post on this too.

6 comments:

babs said...

Ah, slutty Berlin. I like their stuff before the Top Gun song. Somehow none of it's made it to my computer yet.

I may need to listen to the Metro now...

Paul said...

glad to hear the album seems like a vast improvement over the disappointing first single... i can't wait to hear the whole thing :)

Adem With An E said...

I haven't stopped listening to this megamix for the last 90 minutes. Cannot wait for the album.

El MarvelOso said...

Sounds like it's gonna be good. I did enjoy her first CD. Of course, "Annie" for me will always be Ms. Lennox.

Brad said...

I like it, generally, but I'm really trying not to set myself up for instant let down this time.

See Hard Candy.

countpopula said...

I am so ready for this--it's been WAY too long. Sounds pretty good so far (what's so wrong with the first single? I think it's great!) Glad there's another pop album to look forward to this summer!