April 22, 2008

Yazoo Reconnected!



The Times Online has a great piece on this summer's return of Yaz (or Yazoo). Amazingly, they allow the Times writer Pete Paphides to be in the room when they see each other for the first time in 18 years. Kind of amazing isn't it? England is a small island, after all, and yet their paths never crossed.

Yaz was actually a wee bit ahead of my time. I remember loving Don't Go, but it wasn't until Alison went solo with the perfect Alf in 1984 that I really perked up.

Yazoo Situation (Hercules And Love Affair Mix) Windows Media stream

Be sure to check out John's Alison post on PopDose. Below is a great new interview where they talk about starting out and their famous single Only You, which entered the charts at no. 198...

5 comments:

Shane Percy said...

Yes, amazing! I literally can't wait to see them live this summer in Chicago! I always thought her solo stuff was a bit blah though.. her singles comp is fantastic tho.

Michael said...

I sure hope they end up recording something.

Daft Monk said...

Thanks for the links- quite possibly one of the most interest band profiles I've read in a while.

xolondon said...

Pete is a good writer and interviewer, in my opinion.

Joseph said...

I am such a sap, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a bit of chills while reading that article about their first meeting in 18 years. The writer really took me there. I was also thrilled to have some insight into that period because I really didn't know much about what went on between them and why they broke up.

I am so beside myself with excitement about seeing them in July. I think I'll be a wreck!