April 24, 2008

Widgetmania: Sparro and Fry

Sam Sparro Sam Sparro:




Verdict based on samples: Wipe the sweat from your brow, he is not a onehitwonder. Gloriousness includes Black And Gold, Pocket, 21st Century, Hot Mess (Donna Summer meets Prince), Waiting For Time and Too Many Questions (which reminds me of early Seal). Clingwrap sounds just like The Time. I bet Sam knows all those old Paisley Park albums.

ABC Traffic:



Early thoughts: Schizo. Some classic ABC tracks: The Very First Time, Caroline, Validation, Minus Love and some shocking crap, like the opening freakout Sixteen Seconds. Note that this record will be available in MP3 worldwide via 7 Digital.

Both albums are out April 28.

9 comments:

KulPop said...

Thanks for posting the ABC samples, I just ordered the CD from the U.K.

Cheers,

KulPop

Michael said...

The Sam Sparro CD sounds promising. Hot Mess and Pocket are intriguing.

DanProject76 said...

Good stuff.

How long ago was it that we were all blogging about that new song Black And Gold?

Bloody ages ago!

Ru said...

Have you checked out muxtape.com?

It would be great to hear your own muxtapes...

here's mine in case you're interested: http://rouxbot.muxtape.com

Michael said...

The ABC sounds alright. The first track recalled Beauty Stab a bit. I'll always love Martin Fry, but I'm not sure I'm enthusiastic enough about the new material to get this new one.

xolondon said...

Ru, your link does not work.

Michael, I think I will buy just certain tracks from the ABC record.

Ru said...

hmm, that's weird. it worked for me right now...

try now? or you could just copy & paste: http://rouxbot.muxtape.com

xolondon said...

It is fine now - it was blank last time I checked, but now I see the songs. Thanks!

Phil said...

I feel like a right plebian, but I'm loving this widget thing as a POST. I usually ignore them at the side.

ABC - I'll cherry pick too.