April 18, 2008

Pull Hair? Pipettes fracas


Becki, Gwenno and Rosay

Pull Shapes, the 2006 single by The Pipettes, will go down as one of the finest songs of the '00's that doesn't sound anything like the '00's. The track was #2 on my top songs list and the album was also #2 after Pet Shop Boys. Simply put, they made me HAPPY. So I took a deep breath and a Xanax when I heard that two of the girls, RiotBecki and Rosay, have left. Gwenno has two new sixties-obsessed lasses to dance in sync with, but it won't be the same.

Let's look back and swoon at the gorgeousness that is Pull Shapes...




Look. We survived the departure of Mutya from Sugababes and warmed to her roughneck replacement Amelle, so we can get through this together! The group is recording their new CD this summer, so let's hope for a Fall '08 single.

Viva Pipettes!

I head about this via PopJustice Forums. Here is what they're saying...

10 pm: Sorry for all the typos in the earlier version of this post!

8 comments:

duanemoody.com said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I love the Pipettes! I hope that they come back strong... I remember when I saw them in concert; they are amazing!

Paul said...

I'm a little nervous but willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Michael AKA Cayman said...

At least my favorite is still there, but it won't be the same.

Perhaps Mutya could join the Pipettes. She could wear glasses.

Adem With An E said...

Yes, I'm with Michael; Gwenno's my favourite so at least she's still around.

Still mega-pissed I missed them in Melbourne on January 2nd, but really, after NYD there really wasn't much hope in me venturing out of the house for anything which involved a sweaty nightclub, crowds and loud music...

El MarvelOso said...

Hey there, sorry it's been a while!

The Pipettes made my top 10 albums two years ago (I like the first version of the album better than the american release). They are way fun!

Sad that there's only one left. It's not going to be the same. Maybe the group should be call "Pipe", or "Pet" now.

Phillip said...

I saw the pipettes in a small pub in east London early 2006 and it was the best fun! I am sad to hear that 2 members have left. I don't know if it will be the same. is this reason the follow-up has taken this long?

xolondon said...

The usual excuse: they had to conquer America!

John said...

Saw them with Baby Chutney in LA and Chut pointed at Gwenno and said "How long 'til she goes solo? I give her a year."

Well, Chutney wins! Sorta.