April 8, 2008

Dreaming in fuschia



I don't believe you understand
A woman can be more man than man

So singeth Antigone on her disco opus More Man Than Man. Produced by Shave (who worked with Darren Hayes on Delicate Thing), this is the first taste of Antigone's debut album, due in early summer. Back in December, I said this of More Man Than Man:


(This is ) one of the most epic pop/disco moments of the past few years. Your hair will fly back when you hear it. Your heels will become stilettos and YOU. WILL. PRANCE.
Strong words! Her press release compares Antigone's fierce persona on the song to that of Miss Grace Jones. It's fair: she is commanding both respect and pleasure. Below is a 90-second sample of the album version...

Antigone More Man Than Man sample

Check out The A-Z of Antigone for the Aussie diva's story. Disco friends prick up their ears: we need this kind of tune right now. It's balls-to-the-wall glamour.

7 comments:

Adem With An E said...

Cannot WAIT to hear this in full... that's bonza brilliant, that little clip.

Michael said...

The sample sounds good. I am placing myself in pre-prance position.

Salvador Ali said...

I'm not feeling it. Sounds a bit like circuit party pop, and is too "produced." I'll keep an open mind when there's a video that goes along with it.

xolondon said...

I know what circuit party music sounds like and I am not hearing that here. Maybe you need to hear the full track? This is very much pop, though it is one of the most accessible songs on the record. Others have flavors of jazz, etc.

Yuяi said...

This is good stuff! Can't wait to hear the entire song. Thanks for the head's up, XO.

PopMuse said...

this is many beats per minute too slow to be circuit music. but whatever, I'm liking that current pop is stealing the best bits of circuit music for top 40 singles. 'please dont stop the music' ya know.
this sounds like a super summer song, lets find the full length soon, OK?

Salvador Ali said...

Well, she's beautiful (reminds me of a cleaned up Asia Argento) and has a very soulful voice. I'd be interested in hearing the jazz stuff. I think I just didn't dig this track and was being slightly mean spirited.