March 18, 2008

Immi: The best days of our lives



Don't forget that Imogen Heap's new song Not Now But Soon is out today on iTunes (from the Heroes soundtrack).

Update: As you may see in the comments, the record company has chosen to make Immi's song available as "album only" meaning it will cost you $.99. I don't know where to begin about this practice. It's pure greed and shows how the industry has not fully adopted the new model of song-by-song downloads. They see a cash potential in forcing people to buy the full album and must figure that any sales lost are made up in the price gouge. What they don't factor in is the consistent ill will this model exhibits toward consumers. It says "We don't care what you want from us. We want your money."

6 comments:

esque said...

Yes, but you have to buy the entire soundtrack to get the song -- whether on iTunes or on Amazon's digital store.

xolondon said...

Oh shit! Well, you can guess what I think of that. Fucking stupid record companies.

Joseph said...

A phrase containing "shooting themselves in the foot" comes to mind.

duanemoody.com said...

This is where you say, "well, I was going to buy it, but fuck it, I'll download it for free, like I have to do in other situations when record companies fuck me over with stupid restrictions."

*middle finger*

Michael said...

Ugh, I detest how iTunes does that. I believe they did the same thing with her contribution to the Narnia soundtrack.

xolondon said...

See our colleague...

http://www.muumuse.com/2008/03/late-night-goodies.html