March 31, 2008

If you want it



Madonna in plasticene. The Lady in Vanity Fair, by Steven Meisel. Image via of Madonna Connexion. See more there...

Read the full interview, which is pretty poor in my opinion, at
Vanity Fair Online. Looks like the writer makes it clear that VF flew her from Connecticut to LA, only to find that The Lady gave her just two hours for a cover story. Regardless, you can also view a slideshow of photos from her cover shoots.

[Yes, I am finally moved to my new place and I love it! More news soon
.]

4 comments:

Paul said...

She;s in Q Magazine too and lots of famous people like Girls Aloud and er Russell Brand ask her inane questions and she is excessively withering to some of them. It's rather good. Plus she divulges how one track on her new album is like her take on I Will Survive and is a 6 minute disco classic. I nearly peed in excitement. YAY to the new pad.

Brooke said...

She looks beautiful in all those pictures.

Chris Krakora said...

I wish that article would have concentrated more on the new music. Madonna seems to forget that the reason why she's doing these interviews, which is to focus on her new album, and rambles on that pathologicial need for a movie career and the high-falutin Kabbalah mama stuff instead.

I do agree those picture look lovely. I wish that VF cover was used on the cover of the new album instead of that hot mess they wound up using.

xolondon said...

Yes yes YES Chris. When Madonna talks these days, all I hear is blah blah blah because she tends toward the pedantic re world issues. I would be more forgiving if she allowed herself to be seen as a human and not a world leader/corporation/machine. The interviewers though need to ask her more about her musical process. I'd like to know at what point in the process she really commits to a concept, like the last one being discopop or this one being urban pop - and how she keeps the Madonna-ness intact.