March 11, 2008

How long have I known you?

20 years ago we encountered this lonely lady:

and now we have this one:

Roisin's new video for You Know Me Better, which might as well be the best song of 2008. Why not? This video lacks the humor of her previous two, but it does enable Roisin to wear every. single. item. she bought at the thrift store. I think the best look is the yellow dress / blue socks / tulle hat. You?


countpopula said...

My first impression when I saw this video today was it's strange connection to the aforementioned Eurythmics video...Good Call!

It may not be as funny as the first two videos, but damn if she doesn't look amazing as all these different personas. It takes a much more introspective turn on the song than I would have expected, but it does continue the theme of looking fabulous in mundane places/situations. I cannot wait for a video collection! Do you think "Movie Star" will be next?

Adem With An E said...

I quite like the outfit she has on when she's sitting at the dinner table. Her gloves are fierce.

Fourth single (should she get one,) I'm rooting for "Movie Star," "Dear Miami" or "Tell Everybody" which - after the first three singles - is my favourite on the album.

Mica said...

Wow, I'll agree with you here.

Yuяi said...

I vote with Adem on "Movie Star" being the next single. Love that one, and the entire album actually.

I think our little Raisin looks like she stepped out of the "Borderline" video!

Salvador Ali said...

I think the outfits are great. But honestly, THAT'S IT? The best song off Overpowered and all we get is Roisin hanging out in a house, in different outfits .. in slow-mo? Boring. Big disappointment.

xolondon said...

I liked Robbie's friend Moogaboo's comment on PJ, that it's like a Cindy Sherman homage.

Yrui, I suspect the Madonna reference is to her colored socks and pumps?

I kind of doubt there will be a 4th video/single, but Movie Star would be swell. It's a stormer.

Yuяi said...

Yep, the socks, heels and the big ole bow. Too bad it wasn't neon green. :)

xolondon said...

All she needs is one icnonic moment: kicking a lampost.