February 25, 2008

Resurrected! Revelations!



D'luv emailed me today that The Revelations appear to be having a resurgence via Eurovision. The group is managed by Alan McGee of Creation Records/Oasis fame. In January '07 they were tipped on the same lists that made instant stars of Adele and Duffy, but alas - despite a killer single in If I Called You On The Telephone - the girls did not take off. In fact, they never got a physical release for their album, which is on iTunes.

Their Eurovision Song Contest entry is a new tune called It's You and sound remains 60's girl-groupish a la The Pipettes. The look has evolved: they are sexing it up more now, though I still think they need a better stylist. Did they walk onto Kylie's empty In Your Arms photoshoot set up there?


If you want to buy a few tunes, I recommend the aforementioned Telephone, which was on my top songs list last year, along with You're The Loser and I'm A Lover.

2 comments:

Robpop said...

Hey Xo, they are getting some great feedback regarding this song. It has a strong chance of getting through. Its pitted against LoveShy who are very much the typical Eurovision band but seeing as a gothrock outfit won it a few years ago the stereotypes are slowly eroding away. We shall see...

ThePopGirls said...

That song is fantastic, I'm going to have to reverse my Brit and Alex position at the top of the yearly chart...

CFB