February 14, 2008

Quote Of The Week: Joni Mitchell

From an interview with The Independent:

I always thought the women of song don't get along, and I don't know why that is. I had a hard time with Laura Nyro also, and Joan Baez would have broken my leg if she could, or at least that's the way it felt as a person coming out [on to the music scene]. I never felt that same sense of competition from men...[Joplin] was very competitive with me, very insecure. She was the queen of rock'n'roll one year and then Rolling Stone made me the queen of rock'n'roll and she hated me after that.
Oh yeah, I totally bet Madonna wants to break Mariah Carey's leg! And then Mariah wants to pull out Janet's weave. And can you imagine Bouncey's death fantasies about Rihanna?

On a side note, KT Tunstall recently talked to MLB.com (major league baseball! ?? Yes, you read that right!) about how inspired she was at 16 by Joni's album Blue. KT, a big fan of mixtapes, appears to not be a catty jealous bitch, which is quite nice, yes? Do you wonder if perhaps Joni just has an inferiority complex?


D'luv said...

Joni's the type of classy broad you can just picture jamming Barbie Doll legs up her snatch while reading Dylan's poetry.

El MarvelOso said...

d'luv, perhaps you mean Laurie Anderson? Of course, this would all be done while standing on a block of ice.

xolondon said...

Dluv has been sniffing glue again, slag ho!