February 23, 2008

I wanna be next to you

Click on the image to watch the very good new Sam Sparro video for Black And Gold. Much, much better. The single is out on March 31 (download available March 24), and his debut album hits on April 21. PJ is onto Sam, as everyone will be soon... this song is major.


Tricky said...

... and gold stars for the wardrobe update! He looks fantastic!

People are catching on: 'Black and Gold' was Jo Whiley's song of the week on Radio 1 this past week.

This is what music is about in 2008, not dry, dreary Nickleback which we seemed so be-seiged by.

ww_adh said...

Interesting. I'd never heard of him. Is his other stuff any good? Sort of sounds like he's going to occupy the '80s/electro/glam sound that Goldfrapp has now vacated.

Paul said...

i do love the outfit. very majestic!! Haha. The song is growing on me. Sadly PJ is often the kiss of death - whatever happened to Unklejam/Annie/Gordon Wynters!!

Still, i think this foxy little number will pull through :)

Yuяi said...

"High hats, and arrow collars / White spats, and lots of dollars /Spending every dime / For a wonderful time..."

I kept hearing Taco's "Puttin' on the Ritz" as I watched Sam's vid. Sort of an Electro-Taco performance. :)

Great, great song! Can't wait for the album.

Phil said...

I liked the neon American Apparel... hey ho. But this vid is GOOD. There's a lot of mulah behind it. Expect him to be as big as (say it quietly round these parts) Mika.

DanProject76 said...

God this song has been around forever! Still loving it, and blogging it, just like you.

New video is indeed great.

D'luv said...

It's growing on me. What's PJ again?

Video-wise, it's very "Billie Jean" meets "What Have I Done To Deserve This," I thought.

xolondon said...

This song does not wear out on me! I expect it to be in my top ten this year. I think this vid is probably a case of well-stretched dollars. I bet it did not cost too much.