December 8, 2007

Cover Story 2008: Goldfrapp's A&E



A field of heather, seven-league boots, and sexy... clowns. The cover art for the first great single of 2008, due out on Feb 11/12 worldwide. I cannot wait to hear this in "hi-fi" because it's one of the prettiest songs they've ever done (and that's saying something). My favorite part is this:

I was feeling lonely, feeling blue
Feeling like I needed you...
Like I hoped you'd call and
Hoped you'd see me

I'll say this just once - every single time hear those lines I think of one person who sort of flew in and out this year, but who that is shall remain in my head! I think it was only me feeling that anyway. Isn't that always the story.

5 comments:

countpopula said...

What an absolutely beautiful cover. Speaking as somebody who still buys conventional CDs and singles, I am very excited about this release, as I have been with all Goldfrapp releases. There is something special they bring with every piece. And the song is just glorious.

J'ason D'luv said...

I wonder if she wears those boots while she's mowing the lawn?

DanProject76 said...

Oh yes. Want it NOW!

V said...

I really like the direction they took with the new release. Some really good numbers. I can't wait for the official release.

Tacim said...

sex sex sex 4evah