November 27, 2007

Apple is trying to ruin my life

Did any of you download iTunes 7.whatever? Have you dealt with this gapless playback bull? I figured out how to disable it, but iTunes won't save that information, so I have to disable it every single time I enter iTunes! It's absurd and, from what I can tell, it has been going on for over a year.

Can I actually go back to an old version of iTunes?

Update: I let it run through the library and it appears it's a one-time thing, except for new stuff I add, I guess. How useless. Funny thing is, I only found one message board that said, "Just let it run and it will stop."


Zeon said...

Yeah I still don't know what the point of that gapless thing is. It's supposed to be done once, but whenever you import new music, it will gather gapless info for those one also.

duka said...

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that it's stupid and annoying (and innecessary: I haven't selected gapless play!).

J'ason D'luv said...

I did one of those updates last year and it started running through the library on my actual iPod, and I interrupted it. Yeah, bad move -- it froze the iPod and I had to then reset it and lost all the MP3s. Luckily I still have most everything on CD, but what a pain in the ass it was spending an entire weekend re-uploading everything back on there.

John said...

Here's my iTunes 7 gripe: when playing wirelessly through Airport Extreme (how 1994!), if you go back to repeat a song, it freezes at exactly the 1:00 mark.



Of course, there's no "Report a Bug" form on that I can find.

countpopula said...

Stuff like this makes you long for the days of a simple CD or is great when good, and awful when bad.