October 26, 2007

The Seventh Tree



The new Goldfrapp album is called, intriguingly, The Seventh Tree.

Their comment: "A sensual counterpoint to the glitterball glamour of Supernature, Seventh Tree is gilded in the butterfly colours of an English surrealism shared from Lear to Lennon. It shimmers and shines with the warmth of a hazy summer, an electric whirlpool over which Alison's glistening voice soars."


So, NOT a glammy disco record. Been there, snorted that. Something more elegant? A clue to the new sound can be found on their myspace player - listen to Loop. I am far more excited by that than Madonna, honestly.

6 comments:

V said...

Sounds lovely to me. Can't wait.

countpopula said...

Seriously, anything they touch is aces in my book. They have yet to make a misstep, and this should bring some of the older fans back to why they listened in the first place. Alison and Will are smart musicians.

Daft Monk said...

When you were blogging the non-push of "Supernature" that Alison might not want that high level stardom that Goldfrapp are capable of so a retreat makes sense. I rather liked the "glitterball glamour" side of things myself.

glossy said...

this sounds like a modern, futuristic, progression with one foot stuck in the felt mtn era.

Yuяi said...

Seems like it's been a Goldfrappy last few days or so. I think it's fantastic that The Seventh Tree will have a much different sound than Supernature . I can't wait! I wish I could snag a copy of "Loop"! :)

Tacim said...

Hope new album is like Felt Mountain. Loop is dreamy