October 24, 2007

A little break and some media whoring

Am taking some time away from the blog this week. Busy with real life events (sometimes I leave my house!) and feeling a bit uninspired by popular music. Not to mention my Flash is screwed up, so I cannot use Youtube. Booyoutubewhores!

If you live near a store, like Borders. that sells Instinct Magazine, you can read my profile of Tales Of The City author Armistead Maupin in the November issue (the "10 yr" issue). It's sweet and quite dishy... for instance, you can find out which major movie star Armistead once considered a "fuck buddy"! I also did a really weensy Pipettes CD review. AND you may even find a picture d'XO in the magazine.

6 comments:

babs said...

Ooh, I was at Borders, cosmically enough last night, but didn't know of this. I will clearly have to go seek it out and support xo. And I've read the Tales of the City novels, so I would probably appreciate the interview with Maupin. I have an inkling, having read some of his stuff and some hollywood bios.

I've adopted a cat, which is awful news to put in a comment, but oh well. He's black and whiteish and is named Alistair.

xolondon said...

Congrats on your cat, Barbara! I bet you will be very happy...

Meanwhile, I am not sure if the issue is widely out there yet. It has a big 10 on the cover. My teensy picture is in the contributors section- same damn pic I flog everywhere, though it IS from 2007 at least!

Brittle said...

I can't believe Armistead outed me. That whore.

Paul said...

i have to search like billiyo for Instinct in England but for you my love and for many other reasons it is always worth it :)

J'ason D'luv said...

Should be out today!

babs said...

Re: the 2007 pic, as opposed to most of my pics of you and perhaps vice versa that are circa 1991-1992.