September 3, 2007

XOvision: Those earthy Anglos

My uncle was in Cornwall last week visiting some UK family and tells me I have cousins named Cain, Tudor and Demelza! Someone must've been reading/watching Poldark. That side of the family is from St. Agnes and Truro. My grandfather came from a mining family and had 14 siblings - they were hardcore. I should also add that I make a bitchin' pasty, though mine is made like a pie, in a glass dish.

I digress. Here are two new British videos...

The Twang 2 Lovers:


Starring Jaime Winstone (who is the daughter of "Sexy Beast" Ray Winstone) and hooligan Danny Dyer, who has shown the world his pubes. This is a gritty Brit drama in 3 minutes. Jaime looks very Dolores-in-Zombie-era, doesn't she? She didn't always! Never fall in love with a dead-end kid.

Kate Nash Mouthwash:



Thank God for a 20-yr-old featuring something other the promise of sex. This is the tremendous new single by Kate Nash. The video is kind of insane, but I love the song and I really do believe the lyric is supposed to be that simple. Tell me the "I'm singing 'uh-oh' on a Friday night" hook doesn't stick with you? The final minute of the song and video is ecstatic - I love the look on her face in the last seconds. Thanks to Wongie for noting that it's been released.

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I quite like the Kate Nash video during the chorus parts and the last minute--and the song there built in a way I didn't expect it to but really liked. "Ecstatic," as you say.

Paul said...

Kate Nash has grown on me muchly! And what funky names your english relatives have! Mine is so boring. I may rename myself Abinadi or something, though on reflection that sounds a bit barn raising...