September 8, 2007

Let Me Know, The Video

Hot on the spiked heels of my previous post comes this grand moment in film:



Poor Roisin Murphy, even when she walks around with her own spotlight, nobody notices. Another clevuh video with RM bustin' some highly amusing dance moves. Really, this is the song to beat this year. Who can do it? Maybe me, "tripping the light fantastic" in a McDonalds or Olive Garden? Look out!

What's not to love? The Faye Dunaway-as-Bonnie look (hat, wig, nipples), a wicked cape, sparkler, lasers, wind machine, robot moves. It works on a deeper level as well: who didn't daydream as a child about their life suddenly becoming a big dance number? (ed: maybe not everyone had that dream)

In my world, Let Me Know, with it's step step step hook would go to number one for weeks. Pretty girl, pretty song.

10 comments:

designscene said...

loves it, tho im not sure i think i liked Overpowered more... still stunning...

that one had no idea how to tag the video on utube 0_o

team Roisin should uploaded it to Ros official utube...

Adem IAR said...

DEFINITELY in my top 10 for the year so far, this song. Gorgeous clip too, I'm a sucker for cute dancing and she got some lovely moves going on.

I just watched the Dunnaway as Bonnie last night too!

Paul said...

i'm getting increasingly excited for la murphy album. It might seem a bit strange, but in mannerisms and craziness, roisin is a mirror image of my mom. Eep!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Flawless, absolutely flawless.

I remember during my boring history classes in elementary school, I always wondered what would happen if lights turned disco and I just danced. Well I suppose it could be the case that nobody would have noticed.

I already have my ticket for her live date in Dublin. Cannot wait.

My best from Dublin,
Zbyszek.

J'ason D'luv said...

I went hiking today in Beachwood Canyon, right by Madge's (and mobster Bugsy Siegel's) old house -- the one where the stalker tried to jump her material box... anyway, the Roison trash came on my iPod, and me likey!

joshua388 said...

Probably the best video of the year so far. Love everything about it, especially her signature dance style in it.

Electroqueer said...

Never has a sausage and mash cafe looked so fabulous!

countpopula said...

Utterly BRILLIANT. Maybe peeps should focus on how great this is and stop wasting time on whether Britney's still got what it takes. Hands down one of the best videos of the year.

xolondon said...

Agreed re Britney. It's obvious what I would say though...

Zbyszek, that was a great comment. Disco child.

Sausage and mash are sadly not for me. Yorkshire pudding, yes!

monkeydrum1 said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one lovin' the video for 'Let Me Know'. It is utterly charming! Roisin seems to have a refreshing sense of humor about it all and I love the combination of her 'haute-couture', free-spirited dancing and the drab cafe setting turned disco. Can't wait for the album!