September 29, 2007

Duranie press release



Some big news from Duran Duran:

They'll be playing for 2 weeks on Broadway at the Barrymore Theatre, November 1 – 12, 2007! To launch Red Carpet Massacre, Simon et al will perform the complete new album, plus hits. They promise "magnificent production values." Hmmm...

Tickets are $150, $125 or $75 and go on sale on Saturday, October 6 at 9 am EST through Telecharge (1-800-432-7250) or via Telecharge online.

Crikey! What should I do? I have never seen them.

Pic from duranduran.com

6 comments:

Paul said...

go! but don't get the top price tickets. go medium. maybe. or top price. oh i'm so indecisive today.

J'ason D'luv said...

They put on a really good show! Or at least they used to... I saw them twice in '93 as an easily-impressed teenager, and then here in L.A. back in '00, during their down-and-out phase. Each time they were great.

countpopula said...

OMG, now I need to confess what a nerd I am, and that I've seen them SEVEN times! (Seriously, the countess is a MAJOR fan). They DO put on a great show, but I would go for the medium ticket as well. You should really see them before they gets too old, as Simon just let it slip in Spin mag that he aims for Rolling Stones territory, and you don't want to wait that long. Now is also a great time to see them because of the dancier direction that they do well (John Taylor loves Chic), and all original members are accounted for (except Andy who wouldn't enjoy playing Timbaland productions anyway).

Should be hedontastic!

Yuяi said...

Umm...GO!!

They ain't getting any younger, you know. And this might be the last chance you get to see them (a)live. :)

V said...

All this time, and I haven't seen them live yet. Maybe I'll go.

Oh. It's Kristen Again. *sigh* said...

I don't see how this is a question. Just go. Trust me. Trust the girl bopping her head behind the drum set in Unplugged. :)