July 2, 2007

Give it to mama: Freemasons v. Beyonce



Would you like some fries with that shake? Has anyone ever said that to you? It's been said to me, but trust me, there is not enough junk in the trunk to warrant it. Beyonce is another story. She even likes to crawl on all fours.

I'm not sure I have mentioned The Freemasons' work with Beyonce. They are singlehandedly 1) bringing back the disco and 2) taking Bee's songs away from their shiteous birthplace to somewhere much more... sparkly. Put their remixes of Deja Vu, Ring The Alarm and Beautiful Liar on in a gym (click on titles for the remix vids) and it becomes Studio 54.

This video is one of her better ones, despite the tired Robert Palmer references. I particularly like those big letters, though they should really say BOUNCEY, shouldn't they?

5 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

I like her whirling twirlbox at the very end of the video.

You can't mention Freemasons and disco and leave out their song "Rain Down Love," featuring Siedah Garrett. That was my jam this past winter! The video is very Daft Punk/"Around The World" meets PSBs "What Have I Done To Deserve This"...with hot sailors!

xolondon said...

I also end up in a puddle over the remix of Luther Vandross' Shine. The original post, before it was eaten by Blogger, mentioned that tune. Also seek out their mix of Faith Evans' Mesmerized. It is insane. Made for drag queens and those who love them.

DanProject76 said...

Damn you! You've made me download Beyonce!

Hate her usual production, love those remixes. I feel a bit too gay now!

xolondon said...

You always say shit like that! "Too gay" - yeah, well, we all know you dress up as Rose from Dr. Who in your bedroom at night.

DanProject76 said...

xo you bitch!!!!!!

I dress up as Captain Jack actually.

:-)