June 28, 2007

The Return of The Revelations




The Revelations, purveyors of one of this year's finest retro-pop anthems, If I Called You On The Telephone, have finally released their debut album on iTunes US and UK. There are 12 tracks, including new single Baby I Want You To Know. Other gems include You're The Loser, uber-dramatic breakup ballad Last Night and the absolutely killer I'm A Lover, which I recommend all my favorite trolls rush click to buy. Seriously, the last 30 seconds of that song make me run around like a fizzing maniac.

I wish these girls would get a CD release. They deserve it.

5 comments:

Oh. It's Kristen Again. *sigh* said...

their look is like a combo of wilson phillips and the witches of eastwick.

once again we need to go back to the most brilliant post you ever made, IMO, which i am too lazy to look up right now - i think it was re: girls aloud where you talk about how there must be a lab in england somewhere with hello kitty wallpaper where they churn out fizzy pop *bands* like this

xolondon said...

Good call on the look!

That GA post is here:

http://xolondon.blogspot.com/2004/12/girls-aloud-gift-wrapped-kitty-cats.html

Dan said...

**So first of all came the youngest Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

"Trip, trap, trip, trap! " went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll .**

Er, or would that be middle eight?

Seriously, I listened to sound samples I do believe I'll be buying as soon as get back home.

lucas miré said...

Oh, XO. I'm with Dan. Buying this as soon as I get home from the beach.

By the way, listening to a few of the sound samples actually made me think of a band I was obsessed with in middle/high school...The Burns Sisters Band. Do you remember them?

http://www.burnssisters.com/music/burns40340/index.html

Listen to the Beat of a Heart is a song I hadn't thought of in over 10 years, but you brought it back in a roundabout way.

If you or Dan know the Burns Sisters Band, I will piss myself!

xolondon said...

OMG I LOVE the Burns Sisters!

Just kidding - I don't know them at all! They look like The Roches. :)