It's Gay Pride season, so let's do some celebratin' with a little Miss One. Someone posted this in the Popjustice Forums awhile back... Diana Ross' opening for her 1981 diana [that is a llittle "d", bitches'] TV special.
1.The rooftop opening is megalomaniacal brilliance. Breathtaking! When will Bouncey Knowles steal the idea?
2. "With Special Guest Larry Hagman?"
3. A pretty coat of dead white Persian kitten tails.
4. In the round. ooooh!
5. The Boss is sounding really current to me. I am so putting that on my iPod right now.
6. The album this special promoted came out in May 1981 and is pretty class. I had a copy at a... very young age. 8 brilliant songs on in a cover that opened up (and had nipples!). It included Upside Down, I'm Coming Out, My Old Piano, Tenderness.
7. Have a nice vacation, Tricky Richard. This post might make you a little wet.
8. Does the Forum still exist in LA or did they blow it up?
9. You can bet my debut album- out the same week as Lorraine's and Matinee Club's - will have a massive drum intro lifted right from I'm Coming Out.
10."I want to thank you for the love."