May 15, 2007

Rufus's Alpine couture



To celebrate today's release of Rufus Wainwright's amazing new CD Release The Stars, I bring you a sneak peek at my interview with Rufus in Instinct Magazine's June issue, out today in the finest bookstores. Note that the first half of the question is part of the published piece and the second part is exclusive to this blog. And not for the delicate...

Instinct (me!): You’re rockin’ lederhosen in some new promotional photos. Are you bringing those back into vogue, Rufus?
Rufus: I’m definitely making a crack at it. I think lederhosen are great, only because you don’t have to wash them and they can stand up on their own when you take them off and become a kind of sculpture.
Instinct: Ewww. You don’t have to wash them?
Rufus: No, you’re not supposed to. When you have them made you’re actually supposed to take a shit in them, so that nobody else wears them.

When I asked Rufus if he's going to have his band wear lederhosen on tour, he said something intersting: "No, I wouldn’t have them. Are there are Jews in my band? I think its weird for Jewish people to wear lederhosen."

The full interview will appear online around June 1. Soon: more tidbits and my comments on what it's like to talk to that matinee idol! In the meantime, click here to read all of my Rufus posts.

5 comments:

Yuяi said...

You'll have to add "journalist, extraordinaire" to all your business cards now, Xo! Nicely done!

J'ason D'luv said...

Sassy! Rufus' single is doing quite 'okay' on U.K. iTunes, as well.

Phil said...

I had a pair of lederhosen which my dad brought back from Germany. I LOVED 'EM! His look quite fitted, oo-er!

Brittle said...

I do the same thing to all my pants, lederhosen or otherwise.

(And I gotta tell you I dislike the new album...)

Paul said...

umm, ew. (how valley girl of me) Seriously though can't wait to read your interview in full. Seems like it will be a great issue ;)