April 23, 2007

Whoever shouts the loudest gets the most attention



Yeah, so Patrick Wolf stirred the shit on his messageboard* yesterday by announcing his retirement from live performing and interacting with fans. He seems to be living out the final verse of his song The Libertine. There is a thread of blame placed on his fans in the post. I'll ponder this a bit and comment later. Suffice it to say, I do not share the "Oh, we are to blame!" emotions of many of his fans. I also don't really believe that November will be his last show. Wonder what his American label thinks? They launch his CD in America on May 1.

Love those glasses though.

*I don't even feel like linking to it, honestly.

4 comments:

Pierre said...

If there's one singer who'd be able to throw it all away on a hissy fit, it'd be him. His hypersensitivity has always been his most endearing trait of character. His off-putting (if that's a word, unless I mean stand-offish, I don't remember :) persona being the least endearing.

So I think he definitely could just end everything in November, although six months is an awfully long time and I'm sure his manager (much more down-to-earth than him :) will make everything she can to get him to change his mind.

xolondon said...

Bonjour Pierre, author of my fave French blog I cannot really read. ;) I suppose even if PW did follow through - and I bet he will NOT - that he'll still put out discs. The question is economic: will a label, in this day an dage of music biz, promote an artist capable of great shows but unwilling to do them?

J'ason D'luv said...

Tracey Thorn always did look impeccable in yellow.

xolondon said...

Smartass Dluv!