April 11, 2007

On the road agaaaaaaaaaain



Greetings to the new brunette...

I agree with Arjan on this one: Iraina Mancini (of the group Mancini... sort of like Sade is a group and a person) is probably the first female vocalist in the last year where I've thought, "Okay, this chick could have it all." She's like Lady Miss Kier, Rachel Bilson, and Bridgitte Bardot all rolled into one. Shockingly beautiful.

The debut single is called Up Country and it's a banger - cool pop with a "ribbon" of rock and an incredibly assured vocal. I need to rent an MG and drive around the countryside playing this kickass tune. Watch the video below and...

Buy the song NOW via iTunes US or iTunes UK...


2 comments:

Tricky said...

Iraina is one of those dark-eyed women who suits the night.

She also really needs to get a mobile phone, despite the fact there may not be good reception 'up country'.

xolondon said...

When I hear this song, I think of Richard E Grant and Paul McGann driving out of the city to the strains of Hendrix in one of my favorite movies, "Withnail and I"

As featured here:
http://xolondon.blogspot.com/search/label/Withnail