March 2, 2007

XOvision: Patrique's Magic Position

Patrique has just debuted his new video and, while cute and colorful, doesn't really live up to its potential. There's something about Patrick's performance that seems sort of reticent, as if he has the classic non-actor problem: I don't know what to do with my hands. Having said that, there are some good bits like the bird flying out of the drawer and the man who's crashed his bike. I just think the concept is not fully realized. I know, I am too picky.

6 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

I bet that bird flew up his ass.

PinkieDust said...

No sure I'm getting this lad. The video just made me want to beat him up. I don't know why. I feel the same when I watch videos by James Blunt and Badly Drawn Boy.

xolondon said...

"Beat him up"? Whatever.

J'ason D'luv said...

I'm more surprised that big voice comes out of him. He sounds like a cross between some late 50s/early 60s crooner (ala Vic Damone or Ricky Nelson), with a bit of The Ramones thrown in. This is the first song by him you've featured that I kind of like, though.

xolondon said...

You will submit to Patrick. Get down on your kn-kn-knees knees!

PinkieDust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.