March 7, 2007

Doolittle do right.

I usually don't pay much attention to American Idol until the top 12, but this year I have already picked my favorite, and I am not alone on this: sweet Melinda Doolittle. I like her name, I love her voice, and she's a peach.

Yes she comes from the Oleta Adams school (vs the Whitney or Mariah school), but I am a big Oleta fan. Tonight she surprised everyone with a kickass performance of I'm A Woman (is that it?) that had her strutting all over the stage. Bring it!


Yuri said...

I love Melinda too!!! But LaKisha's been bringing it...homegirl's got some competition!

J'ason D'luv said...

I think Melinda has the best voice on the show, but I'm kind of over her whole wide-eyed "Who, me?" demeanor.

I'd give that beatbox guy a slam or two.

And why is that slut Antonella still on? Though I must admit, she didn't do awful with the Corrinne Bailey Rae song....

Phil said...

Melinda's a shoe-in... not just because she is the best on the show, but Simon's saying exactly the same thing to her as he did to Leona Lewis, the winner of X-Factor, throughout that series: "You're special. And what's even more special is you don't even know it. And you're such a pleasure to have around..." etc.

xolondon said...

Team Doolittle!

I was waiting for you to call Melinda on that "who me?" thing. She's done it twice in a row.

Louise7 said...

Melinda Doolittle in her first-ever Nightclub engagement

November 17-21, New York City

FEINSTEIN'S AT LOEWS REGENCY, the nightclub proclaimed "Best of New York" by New York Magazine, will debut MELINDA DOOLITTLE in her first-ever nightclub engagement from November 17 – 21. The “American Idol” finalist will perform an intimate evening of jazz standards, pop hits and Broadway classics, in addition to selections from her CD, Coming Back To You. All shows are at the Regency Hotel (540 Park Avenue at 61st Street). For ticket reservations and club information, please call (212) 339-4095 or visit and