March 5, 2007

Bjork: Nothing like a carcass coat!


UPDATED 10pm!

Quick note: Pitchfork has the first of its Bjork interviews up. Apparently the sound of Volta is marching, so maybe good for the dancers... tonight I will edit this post with an amazing new mix of Pagan Poetry that turns it into slamming dancepop.

There is a fantastic quote from Bjork that I so needed to hear, given the bullshit of recent news:



I mean, the human race, we are a tribe, let's face it, and let's stop all this religious bullshit. I think everybody, or at least a lot of my friends, are just so exhausted with this whole self-importance of religious people. Just drop it. We're all fucking animals, so let's just make some universal tribal beat. We're pagan. Let's just march.


She's really extraordinary. Just when you think she's arty and pretentious, out comes a statement like that. Here is something to get your legs in shape for all the martial beats, a rare (and killer) dance mix:

Bjork Pagan Poetry (JC Lemay Mix) sorry, mix expired

BTW, I assume the photo above is new? WHAT is that coat made of? It makes me queasy even if it is all just yarn.

5 comments:

Paul said...

is she auditioning for the musical version of the lion the witch and the wardrobe???

Yuri said...

oh gawd, is that a macrame hoodie? That's scratch-tas-tic!
Or else she's channeling her Bugs Bunny inner-Valkryie...

Either way, we need to send Stacy and Clinton to Iceland on a fashion intervention!

I like the mix, tho! :)

J'ason D'luv said...

I hope that coat chews off her pussy.

My roommate in college during the '94-'95 school year played Bjork, Lords Of Acid and Primus constantly. Plus, it was the days of dial-up internet (was there any other option then?), and so he constantly tied up the phone line to our dorm room by zombie-ing out online. What a jerk.

But, totally... Yay, Bjork.

xolondon said...

Now you know I do not condone violence in this safe share space! Out with chewing, in with love.

JCL said...

Hey there ! Thanks for posting my Bjork Pagan Poetry remix... with such kind words ;)

Listen to it here (long version) along with the video too (and more remixes).
http://deepsound.net/index_eng.html

Cheers