February 3, 2007

If I could be sweet



As I go about my glamorous life, I am finally starting to hear Bitchin' Gwen's new single Sweet Escape and I have to say it sounds really good on a loud sound system. It's such a singalong moment isn't? woooh hooooooh! Should I go to her tour? I want the tour programme regardless!

Watch Gwen talking like the valley girl she is with that nasal twang.

Two more bits:

Note that Gwen is featuring black and white stripes. Everything in NYC was about black and white stripes, so if you want to be ahead of that trend, buy some now.

Another song I like after hearing it on a boomin' sound system is Amerie's new Take Control. This is a pop song, not an urban crunk toon. It even has a surf guitar on it. I still think she has a thin voice, but she does have spunk and Cee Lo. Watch Amerie's expensive video and read the Stylus reviews (incl. one by a friend...)

7 comments:

HotstuffFiles said...

I have to say that I am addicted to 'The Sweet Escape' at the moment.

It really is brill.

Bubblegum Pop Pop said...

I'm pretty obsessed with it as well, especially with it's wonderful introduction, woo-hoo, wii,hoo.

Brittle said...

I love how literal that single cover is. Escape...prison...prison uniform...handcuffs...a tragic prison hair"style." The only thing missing are candy canes coming out of her ears.

xo
your "friend" (hurray)

xolondon said...

Oh Brittle Lemon, sorry that's not actually you. My friend is Thomas Inskeep.

LOL. joke!

I have a really good story about something that you missed in DC after I saw you...

Yuri said...

Loving me some Gwen right now!

Great song!!

J'ason D'luv said...

Definitely the poppiest song on the U.S. chart right now...yay! So much better than "Wind It Up," too. Lets hope she goes with "4 In the Morning" or "Early Winter" as the next single instead of some trash like "Orange County Girl."

countpopula said...

I LOVE "Early Winter"! BTW, I think Black & White stripes are in this season...peep the covers of the new Norah Jones and Katherine McPhee CDs. I was putting them near each other on the shelf today, and it hit me...