February 3, 2007

For the over 35's: Rhoda!

Krissy (of we-were-gorgeous-together-in-the-90s XO fame) had an encounter with Valerie Harper in LA last week. This is major. MA. JOR. It far supercedes my as-yet-unrevealed Wednesday run-in with the Olsen Twins. To celebrate this occasion - which will make my mother say "gahhh!" - I bring you a Rhoda Morgenstern post. For once, something that will alienate my Brit readers*, God bless their bone china hearts. See, je suis Americain...

TV Theme Rhoda expired

Don't forget this Rhoda fansite

* except Paul, who is just cosmopolitan - and gay - enough to know who Rhoda is.

6 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

Something pre-Family Ties?!?!

Does not compute...

orange anubis said...

I'm not quite 35 and I remember Rhoda very well, maybe there was a time delay with the repeats over here? Or else Valerie Harper just imprinted herself on my brain. Whatever, I nearly fainted when she turned up on Sex And the City.

This may be the gayest blog comment I have ever made.

xolondon said...

Rhoda was for all the people who were NOT Mary right? If you are the wonky sidekick (with wit! with heart! with odd clothing!) of a popular kid, Rhoda was/is your woman.

PLUS she lived in Manhattan and had a doorman.

Canuckfuck said...

Sigh ... Rhoda. Funnier than MTM. I can't decide if I liked Mary's apt or Rhoda's (on the MTM show). Mary's was bigger, certainly; but, Rhoda's had bohemian charm. And, beads.

Je suis trente cinq mais je suis canadien et pas américain.

xo

xolondon said...

Early on she had that studio apt with a bed alcove and that was cool. And yes! Beads!

I guess for the lower tier, if you weren't cool enough to be Rhoda, you were then Brenda, right?

Oh. It's Kristen Again. *sigh* said...

You know, at least rhoda had to have people buzzed in by her doorman - as opposed to other new york shows where people come and go buzzer free...