January 6, 2007

So far so far



6 days into the new year, here are my top ten pop songs:

10 Sally Shapiro I Know MP3
Mysterious blond Swede (!) Sally, brought to me by great new blog Aria Of Pop.
9 A Kiss Could Be Deadly Midnight Romance stream
The Modern waited too long. Now we have the LA version, like a new Berlin.
8 Damian Leith Night Of My Life video
Aussie Idol winner who's more Will and Kelly than Clay.
7 Mika My Interpretation
Where was this song a year ago? It speaks perfectly on a problem I had that may finally be over.

6 Mirah La Familia (Guy Sigsworth Mix) MP3
If we sleep together would it make it any better? recommended!
5 Just Jack Starz In Their Eyes video
Cool pop diatribe on Idol culture and the victims of reality TV, with their trashy daydreams.
4 Sarah Nixey Endless Circles
Elegant, yet the most accesssible pop Sarah has ever done. Love it.
3 Patrick Wolf The Magic Position MP3
One of Patty's most perfect tunes, you can't help but feel better listening to it.
2 Sophie Ellis Bextor Catch You
Classic SEB vocals set against a Blondie-inspired guitar pop tune.
1 Tracey Thorn It's All True stream
New York, 1982, Reggie Lucas, Alphabet City, St Mark's Place, Keith Haring, all filtered through TT in 07.

Artwork by Beatriz Milhazes

2 comments:

Dan said...

OK, I am just now listening to "I Know" and it if fabulous! Yet another song I would not know if it were not for this blog.

Dan

xolondon said...

Glad SOMEONE caught that! :) Be sure to look at Aria of Pop (linked above) okay?