January 5, 2007

SEB, in the coffee spoon



Sophie Ellis Bextor is previewing her new video for Catch You on her updated website. The video was directed by Sophie Muller and the song was written by Sophie Den- I mean Cathy Dennis.

Love the song - I called the Blondie reference before it was posted on her site! (XO. toots. horn.) The video looks like an homage to Madonna's Like A Virgin, Vogue Italia and Death In Venice, etc etc.

The new album is indeed called Trip The Light Fantastic, a very old school phrase that is apparently a Milton reference. Although it refers to dancing, I think it's the type of thing 1970's swingers in gold chains used as a pickup line on women they wanted to fuck:

Hey baby, you wanna trip the light fantastic?

Anyway! Other songs on the album include Me And My Imagination, New York City Lights, If You Go and Today's The Sun On Us.

Note that you can grab the song at Into The Groove.
Krissy
you might like this one!

old piccie above, but I love it and wanted to see it on my blog...

5 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

I see the diet sort of worked a little.

xolondon said...

Bitch!

Paul said...

i love SEB's look and her adorable speaking voice - and who wouldn't want to fuck her husband...

trill42 said...

I downloaded the song before I went to see the vid. preview.

Really like the song! The vid... based on that bit... ugh. So it's supposed to be a wacky Weird Al-esque Madonna parody, right? And it was filmed a looong time ago when that seemed like a good... or less-bad idea? And it won't really be that sped-up when they release the whole thing, I guess.

The song sounds like Blondie, not Madonna, but I suppose the record label thought the kids wouldn't understand a Blondie parody, and that much may be true, but that doesn't mean that was the best alternative...

Dan said...

I have to say, I am really liking this song. A lot. It's almost assured a spot on my yearly Winter Mix. (a set of songs designed to get you through the dreary winter months.)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. And yeah, it does remind me a lot of Blondie. But I say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

Dan