I am still chuckling over Madonna's diss of Bitchin' Gwen in the new Elle:
It’s weird that we have all these similarities. Madonna’s
had us over to dinner and stuff. She’s always been very nice to me…I remember telling Madonna I was going to do an 80s dance record and she rolled her eyes, because I think when you’ve lived through it like she did, she’s like ‘Whatever.’ But a lot of my influence came from her early work, like directly, like a Xerox.
Whatevah, Gwen has just released her new video for Sweet Escape...
1. It is very gold. So gold there are scenes where you can't tell what you're looking at.
2. She returns to her Just A Girl hair in the prison cell scenes, which is kind of lame (the prison part, not the hair, though....yes, that is tired too).
3. More inspired is the trophy wife bit with the Harajuku girls climbing up a wall (via her hair) to bust her loose from her penthouse. So it's like Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface channeling Rapunzel?
4. Can Gwen do anything that is not geared toward children or teens... dude?
5. I am surprised they removed the Akon rap. Ou est l'Akon?
6. I like to think this part is about Gavin: "Baby I can see that your angry / By the way that you treat me / Hopefully you don't leave me."
7. I'm not angry, but I'm bored Gwendoleeeen. How about taking a sedative and releasing a nice ballad like Early Winter for a change? I am, like, so worn out by your uncontrolled ADHD. It is so not rad.
I just noticed that PopJustice did a very similar post to this, but I swear I did not see it before I wrote my own!