December 2, 2006

Swedish Girls Do It Best



September have remixed their brilliant '05 song Cry For You for release. The single cover above is positively iconographic and the video has some nice edits. I still prefer the version with real strings.

y


The jury is out on Cat5. I can't decide if they are faceless dance music or decent pop. I don't like Infernal, Cascada or M. Serneholt - all too clubby -and this pushes close to that. They have several videos including Stretch And Bend and the Right Said Fred-inspired Sexy.

6 comments:

im-always-right.com said...

Agreed, September's original version of "Cry For You" is the definitive one, but the new remix isn't exactly bad either.

Oh, and September's her actual name, she's a solo artist, not a group. ;)

xolondon said...

Her name was Petra last I checked. Did she change it to September?

HotstuffFiles said...

No, her name is Petra - she just uses September as her pseudonym.

Great song as well, and a great album!

im-always-right.com said...

Oh, I didn't know her real name was Petra... though it worries me that I didn't even think "September" may have been a pseudonym once.......

J'ason D'luv said...

Can I point out the irony of "I'm Always Right" getting the name wrong? :-)

Petrember looks like salmon roll sushi in that pic. Damn, now I"m gonna have to go get some for lunch!

Adrian said...

Marie Serneholt too clubby? Really? She's very poppy, no?