September 12, 2006

Is she still pissing in the river?

Tori Amos. She's about to "birth" a massive box set on the world. This is a prelude to her new album in 2007. Listen now to this very crisp new mix of Precious Things - I think this a different vocal take, but I could be wrong. It sounds great, the way her voice is mixed right on top. To use a critic's cliche, this song remains as relevant today as it did in 1992. If you've ever seen her live, you know how much she gives when she performs it live. A female Robert Plant. Here also is a recent Mojo Q&A, an AOL interview with Tori and an e-card promo for the boxset. Below are some recent and older rarities.

Sugababes and Girls Aloud's new singles just happened to leak within 24 hours. Quelle surprise. Both are lamely releasing hits CDs. Why not just wait until summer and do new albums? Try finding them at Fetch.

The Music Lovers have a new record called The Music Lovers' Guide For Young People. This one is more pop/rock-based (versus strings). Stream a sampler

If you are not reading Zeon's Music Blog, you should be. Mr. Zeon: I agree with you and numerous others about Nerina Pallot's great Sophia.

Ms. Looking At Them is giddy for Mr. Buckingham, who has a new CD out in 3 weeks. Hear some weird new music on his site - it reminds me of how strange Big Love sounded when we first heard it. His songs are deceptive that way.

Stuart Price has again remixed a Killers song, this one being a luxious, anthemic remix of When We Were Young"- Price is REALLY good at this (hear it linked below). Thanks Arjan and Stereogum.

The Captain album is right here right now. I post this because I am afraid people won't hear this nice record. If you like it, buy it - it has lovely artwork too.

Arjan is getting scoops this week with a new Modern / Matinee Club remix and Paul scoops the Pipettes b-sides. I also forgot to tell you that Homo is scooping the brilliant new Lloyd Cole CD.

You can hear a new Jay Jay Johanson track on his myspace page. This one is called She Doesn't Live Here Anymore. It's very noirish.

Tori Amos Me And You
Tori Amos Song For Eric
Tori Amos Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout...
The Killers When We Were Young (Jacques LuCont Mix)
all expired - sorree!

Cheers. Thanks a lot.

10 comments:

PinkieDust said...

Oh its very relative. Tori is a history of the now anyway. Thats my excuse anyway when I have to explain my overspending to my credit card companies. I stress the plural.







(Thanks for the tips)

Paul said...

i remain excited for girls aloud single, unexcited for the sugababes :) What no mention of mcfly?! ;)

glad that my beloved Nerina is getting the blogging respect she so utterly deserves :)

V said...

Tori is seen here biting her shoe after proclaiming that "You can never have enough hats, gloves, and shoes."

:)

ww_adh said...

Thanks for the heads up about the new Sugababes and Girls Aloud singles. I listened to "Easy" on My Space. I think it might need a few listens to grow on me, but it's not bad. Certainly no "Push the Button" though. Thanks for leaving feedback on my blog too!

J'ason D'luv said...

Love Love Love Love D'Luv the new Sugababes single! Best yet...

xolondon said...

Hi Ww_adh!

Dluv, Easy is (duh) dluvly. Killer chorus.

babs said...

Love Tori. Have seen her twice. Once in 1993 for five bucks with her and her piano on stage and once in 1998 during her plugged tour. Album wise, the last one I bought is the one with 10000 Oceans on it.

And love the AbFab quote too at the end. It is abfab correct? Isn't it from the one where Patsy and Edina go on the chat show?

J'ason D'luv said...

Yes. Cheers. Thanks a lot. Right. Cheers. Thanks a lot.

Robpop said...

Sweetiedarling of course its abfab. If in doubt always return to our iconic masters Patsy&Eddie.

Love the Sugababes. Thanks.

Never quite got into Tori. My lesbian friends and my depressed gay male mates adore her though.

babs said...

I will need to re-watch our patron saints Patsy and Edina, though I know that I can quote vast sections of the shows. The one I want to see again is where Edina's considering plastic surgery and she envisions Germaine Greer, Helena Bonham-Carter as Saff and Richard E. Grant as Justin. It was one of the very first ones I saw and so always kept seeing Justin as this over-the-top queen.

Yep, lesbians, straight girls who are into the Ani/Indigo Girls sound and the mordant gay males tend to her number 1 fans.