August 7, 2006

Wolfiness and Swede-ocity

One of my favorite new blogs is Lycanthropy, the title of which refers to Patrick Wolf (searching on his name is how I found the blog). From what I can tell, the writer is from Canada and he is visiting his friend Jesse, who has moved to Japan for a period of time. It's a really fun read, the pictures are very good, and it makes me want to go to Japan even more than I did before. There is MANIC pop culture there. I have been to Narita airport and I love Japanese candy, but that doesn't count, does it?

This is as good a time as any to bring you another delightful slice summer indiepop-ness. This is Peter Bjorn & John (three Swedes because everyone cool is Swedish or Norwegian!) singing "Young Folks" / MP3




Side note - does EZArchive cost money? I tried it and it said I could not have an URL. Bastards!

3 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

This song is awesomeness! Reminds me of one of my fave bands, Saint Etienne -- with some '60s Monkees and Herman's Hermits thrown in.

Does anyone else hear a hint of the melody from "Walking In A Winter Wonderland" in there?

Love it.

Paul said...

ezarchive does cost money those rob dogging bastards! btw i meant to say the peter paul and mary song (or whatever) is the most summery thing i've heard since last summer when the magic numbers (LOVE THEM) dominated my world

Brittle said...

You know that SNL musical skit in which Sanz, Fallon, Kattan, and some others sing a little ditty about wishing it could be Xmas everyday, and then Sanz plays a dinky little melody on his little keyboard? The whistling part in "Young Folks" is almost exactly that melody.