August 22, 2006

Gazing into my crystal balls

While everybody freaks out about how godawful the latest Robbie Williams track is, I am looking forward to "Lovelight," the next single from 1974. Mark my words, the PopJustice boards will be singing the praises of this song very soon. Tonight I heard Robbie's version and it's fucking brilliant, perhaps the best thing he's ever done, barring "No Regrets."

Click on the picture to get Lewis Taylor's excellent original of "Lovelight" but know that Robbie brings it to the next level!

4 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

Oooh, I loved Lewis Taylor's last album.

And....PopJustice boards? People still go to there...?

Paul said...

i am all over Robbies version - why he went with rudebox first is utterly beyond me. Silly boy. Oh well, there is hope (although rudebox did grow on me!)

homoeclectic said...

Robbie goes nu-soul. Will wonders never cease?

Poster Girl said...

I couldn't get YouSendIt to work, but your post inspired me to go looking for the Lewis Taylor original; I'm so glad it did, because hearing the original gives me a whole new appreciation for the Robbie track--wow...