So much to be disappointed in lately. Let's have a D-List, shall we?
1. The promotion of Goldfrapp in America. Mute failed. Period. The Golden Moment was here and now the Golden Moment is gone.
2. The British music industry's toe-in-the-water approach to artists like Lorraine, The Modern and Alexis Strum. The albums are done, from what we know, so just release them. RThis endless round of singles is silly! Releasing a CD after the third single (hello my beloved Rachel Stevens!) is not a good idea because excitement for the music is gone by the time the CD hits the store. Not to mention all the bloody leaks.
3. Morrissey's... year. There are some very good songs on the record, but so far the b-sides are not really all that. Love him, but it is a bit of a comedown. Having said that, I still want albums from him every other year. See great pics below.
4 Bits of tracks I have heard by Beyonce and Outkast suggest that their lights may be dimming. Bouncey in particular is just way to overexposed. She needs to go away for awhile. Keane, meanwhile, is just sort of there. More on that soon.
5. A certain blog for describing readers/lurkers as leeches and chastising them for not posting comments. Leeches? For music that none of us have a right to post in the first place? I have a number of friends who read this blog and never post, ever. That's just not their style and it's nothing personal against me. I am thankful that anyone gives it their precious time at all.
6. All these celebs, including my own Bitchin' Gwen, selling their baby pictures to tabloids. That is tacky ass shit. I hope they at least give the proceeds to charity.
7. Madonna's utterly lame new video for Get Together. What a waste.
Enough negativity for now. Back to some happy news (like the Pipettes!) soon...