April 12, 2006

Theme Post #1



Two brilliant songs that namecheck Heathrow Airport, my beloved gateway to heaven.

1) Suede "Europe Is Our Playground" One of the top 5 Suede tracks. Totally louche. From Heathrow to Hounslow, from the Eastern Bloc to France...

2) Hard-Fi "Move On Now" The Wyckoff Correspondent said this epic ballad reeks of me and he is right! Just get me on a plane. Now. Besides, I have been informally invited to (crash) the best wedding since Chardonnay married Kyle Pascoe.

4 comments:

Paul said...

oh trust me it is going to be beyond tacky. We have liberty x canes and everything. Work it a little, get hot just a little. oookaaay...

Am going to see hard-fi in may. Can't wait. I love tied up too tight (note: not being tied up too tight...) and their slower songs are utterly gorge. Move On Now makes me want to don a winter overcoat and walk round in the rain in black and white...

xolondon said...

I actually have two skills:
1) to wistfully walk around this city and have the music on my ipod playing on speakers in the sky, so that the whole city can hear MY soundtrack
and 2) to cloak myself in such a way that every sees me in b/w. Just me. You must have that gift too.

Paul said...

and i thought i was the only one. Kindred transatlantic spirits unite. Or something. I'm a little buzzed from the kahlua i added to my coconut drink to celebrate one more day at work before i char'n'gav it (tho those crazy bitches may be on the rocks!) to GranCan. VIVA!

Adrian said...

I wonder if anyone has sang about Stansted? Nothing beats that hanging around for a cheap Ryanair flight feeling.