April 3, 2006

Roddy Frame is back


I may have mentioned recently that Roddy Frame is releasing his first new CD in 3 years. It's called Western Skies and it's due out in the UK on May 1. It has 11 songs and is slightly more fleshed-out than the all-acoustic Surf. That's the cover above, though Amazon UK has a slightly more surly picture on the cover.

You can hear a new track called "The Coast" on his label's MySpace page. This is sort of a moody, minor chord track. Or maybe it's not minor chord (Lucas?). Anyway, here also is a beautiful freebie...


I wrote about this song early last year, so you can read that post, which has a bit of the perfect lyric. It is an excellent introduction to what a brilliant lyricist he is, although my favorite song remains "Surf."

3 comments:

Paul said...

God I'm a commenting whore today. I am really excited for his new cd now. I remember lying on my bed in college mooning over some random hottie boy and listening to aztec camera songs...

The Dancing Kids said...

oh, bless, look at roddy - still cute after all these years.

xolondon said...

He needs to cut his hair!